Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

Match Review - Nottingham Forest

By Sam Heaney

The first competitive game of the season, in the Capital One Cup at home to Nottingham Forest, was always going to be a tough game.

After speaking to people from a Forest perspective it was a decent starting line-up with a very strong bench equipped with Premiership experience.

In the first half I thought we were the better team and I was disappointed in the away sides performance for a Championship club. We held onto possession well without too much pressure. I thought it looked like it could be a fairly comfortable win.

Forest came out in full force second half and put us under a lot of pressure early on. We held on until just before the hour but then Reid’s cross found Blackstock in the box who punished Town after scoring the rebound from his initial header.

In the end Forest were too strong and we are out of the Capital One Cup. However, I am not too disappointed because we are now ready for the league campaign and I look at it as one less distraction. My Man of the Match was Dean Howell. I must admit I wasn’t a massive fan when he first joined Fleetwood but he had a solid game at left back and helped keep us in the game throughout.

Torquay are next, I can see us doing very well in the league this season… League 1 here we come?!…

No comments:

Post a Comment