By Sam Heaney
The Codcast is an online text commentary of Fleetwood’s games - home and away. It enables anybody with internet access to read the match action and also interact with people by commenting with their questions and views. I watch the game from the press box and then type for everyone to read from anywhere including the many ‘Far Flung Cods‘ around the world. It is a great experience for me and it has good times and not so good times.
I thoroughly enjoy travelling up and down the country, visiting new grounds, watching the team I support and meeting new people. Just knowing I am helping a lot of people enjoy games they cant attend makes me happy and proud. It’s brilliant when it works smoothly. When you know that people are struggling to make certain matches and rely on the Codcast it’s a pleasure to know they can still follow the Cod Army.
Of course, it wouldn’t be the same without the minor problems that occur which I like to refer them more to ‘all part of the fun’ One of the trips that I will always remember is Braintree Town away at the start of the season.
No press box and no table meant that I had to sit with the laptop on my knee which wasn’t the most comfortable thing to do. Then the laptop had a low battery and the only plug socket was in the packed, stifling clubhouse at the opposite side of the ground. It took two fifteen minute periods before the game and at half time to get the slightest bit of charge to carry on the commentary. By the time I had got back my seat had been taken so I had to sit on the front row with the Braintree fans which wasn't the best of views but felt good when Town battled and came away with a 2-1 victory!
I look forward to every single game and hope I can improve and continue doing it for a long time with Fleetwood carrying on their fantastic success.
No comments:
Post a Comment